Terracotta Devi Durga with her Children in Single Frame (Ekchala Durga)
- Terracotta Devi Durga with her Children in Single Frame (Ekchala Durga)
- Made in India
- Colour : Brick Red
- Material : Terracotta
- Weight : 000 gm (approx.)
- Dimension (L*W*H) : 00 cm * 00 cm * 00 cm
- Easy Return
14 in stock
Mother Nature has bestowed us with many precious blessings and Terracotta is one amongst those. The term “Terracotta” has been derived from a Latin phrase “Terra cocta” which means “baked earth”. In simple terms, Terracotta is nothing but clay-based earthenware. This is one of the ancient art forms which is a manifestation of human imagination and became reality with the invention of the potter’s wheel, recognized as the first machine invented to use the power of motion for productive use. As per Hindu Mythology, foundation of Terracotta is the outcome of integration of five elements encompassing air, ether, water, earth and fire.
The origin of Terracotta goes back to the era of Indus Valley Civilization to ancient Mesopotamia, from Greek and Roman civilization to Chinese history, everywhere traces of Terracotta sculptures, products can be found. Like other parts of India, there is a deep and glorious story of Terracotta in Bengal. Bengali artisans have not only excelled in the art but perfected with their craftsmanship. The major steps in making pottery involves collecting and blending two or more types of refined clay found in river bed, pits etc. Then after the beautiful shapes, designs and patterns are crafted by the artisans with their amazing traditional age-old skill. After drying the figurines, the artworks are baked in a kiln at a temperature range of 700-1000 °C and during this process, the iron reacts with oxygen which results in a fired body or reddish colour.
Goddess Durga is the protective mother of the universe. Goddess Durga symbolizes the divine forces that is used against the negative forces of evil. Maa Durga is elegantly dressed woman standing on her vahana Lion with 10 arms, each holding the special weapon of one of the gods, who gave them to her for her battle against the buffalo demon, Mohishashur.The image of Maa Durga in Bengali rituals is totally different than any other form of Goddess Durga. Durga Puja held once in a year and it is one of the greatest festivals of Bengal. It is believed that Maa Durga is the daughter of Himalaya and she comes to her father’s place once in a year with her children – Kartik, Ganesh, Saraswati and Lakshmi. This Durga Family idol depicts that Maa Durga shows lots of love and compassion on her children. The essence of this beautiful and magnificent terracotta statue will not only enrich the beauty of your prayer room and when placed in living spaces, gives an exotic feeling with its traditional form. A minor organic variation and slight deviation while hand curving would enhance the uniqueness and make the product more appealing.
- This high-quality terracotta Durga figurine can be the perfect handmade decorative showpiece for home and office though actually suitable for prayer room.
- The presence of Maa Durga brings the positive vibe and good luck in the home and showers her blessings.
- This showpiece is the manifestation of our age-old tradition of creating terracotta sculptures by our rural artisans with their charismatic skills. This antique piece is usually placed in Puja room where you can worship as divine force against all negative energy.
- Hand crafted product from India
- This can also be the auspicious gift option for any festivals, house warming ceremony.
- Colour: Brick Red
- Material: Terracotta
- Weight: 000 gm (approx.)
- Dimensions (L*W*H): 00 cm * 00 cm * 00 cm
- Box Content: 1 Ekchala Durga Family Terracotta Figurine
- Keep the statue away from water or alcohol-based cleansing agent.
- Clean the figurine with dry clean cotton cloth.
- This product is purely handmade. So, there might be some variations in colour and design which are natural in the manufacturing of handmade items and makes the product unique in its form.
- Dimensions mentioned are approximative.
- This figurine is made of Terracotta, so water or any cleansing agent can’t be applied or neither should be exposed to fire.
Shipping and Returns
Question & Answer
There are no question found.
Rating & Review
There are no reviews yet.